Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Outlooks from the Outset

The Silence and the Susurrus. Sounds like a portentous novel of some sort. I feel obligated to give a title of such potential some meaning. And so I will.

I cannot pin down just what this weblog will pursue. I can only propose that it will be a compendium of experiences, a running commentary on the world as I am seeing it. It is a collection of musings, ruminations, introspections, observations, and, hopefully, conclusions. Perhaps I'll dabble in a spiritual conviction here and there, or (God forbid!) regress into political fancies.

Ultimately I want to set the record straight--but first I must find the truth. St. Paul:

"That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive."

Indeed, there's a lot of garbage out there, and the task of sifting through it all is getting more and more difficult. It's tough, but there's a lot of gold in a sea of intellect, and boy is it fun to land upon a nugget of truth every now and then. When you seize upon a bit of wisdom that rings of truth and beauty, it is a treasure worth saving. It's these sorts of treasures I am searching for, found along what I call the line of truth. When such a prize is uncovered, there is a silent pause of awe, followed by a sussurance of curious wonderment.

It is this very sort of reaction I hope to produce in others, however rare that might be.

No comments: